Hi, my name is jojohope! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is jojohope!

Options
jojohope
jojohope Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I have syringmyelia and recently diagnosed with osteoporosis, I have limited mobility and at the moment I'm struggling with coming to terms with how much my life has changed in the last 18 months. In constant pain , not working any more after a career in law enforcement and feeling pretty rotten after having my PIP assessment which was upsetting humiliating and has left me feeling emotional!! How do others cope with the change in circumstances after diagnosis? 

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @jojohope

A very big welcome to you to our website and online community.

Yes I can relate to your story so please please let me know if I can offer both support & help ???
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello jojo and welcome
    Many here will relate to your story. The intial shock of diagnosis is hard to come to terms with. You start thinking about what is wrong and what you have lost, you now have the mind set of a sick person ( that is how I felt anyway )
    When I realised.this I took a stand and decided that my problems were not going to define who or what I am, I am not a sick person. I changed my thinking and now I an a person first, who happens to be sick. Try to find the  positves, if you look hard they are there. You may need to find different ways of doing things but life does go on

CR 
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.