Help! Can I get in touch with DWP via email? — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Help! Can I get in touch with DWP via email?

melanie1963 Member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi, I am desperate for help :( my ESA was not paid into my account today and I have no credit on my phone. I am disabled and I cannot go out of the house alone. I have looked for email contact details all over the web, etc and there is no way to email them. this is the 21st century for goodness' sake. My sicknote was was in on time so there should be no delay but this is not the first time by a long stretch that this has happened to me. so in summary, I have no way to contact ESA at all and the problem is that i cannot email or phone or get to a jobcentre plus office. Any advice would be most appreciated. thanks, Mel


  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,676 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @melanie1963 welcome to the community, how stressful for you! Is there any way you can get in touch with a friend/family member to use their phone?

    Senior online community officer
  • wildlife
    wildlife Member Posts: 1,308 Pioneering
    @melanie1963 I've found this online. You can't email to claim but if you're already on it and you've got any letters you can email people direct. Look for the name of who sent it then email them direct as follows. If it was john smith email would be [email protected] there is a dot in the middle in case you can't see it.
     put the name in front like this then the rest of the address.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 28,435 Disability Gamechanger
    Have you had a face 2 face assessment recently? As you're still sending in fit notes you must still be on assessment rate. If you have had the assessment then they may have found you "fit for work" and this could be the reason why you haven't had your money. Very often this happens and your money stops before you recieve a letter.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.