PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

PIP and becoming an appointee

poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
Hi, first time posting for me but i have a question and can't seem to find the answer without having to ring DWP.
I applied for PIP for my 16 year old daughter almost 2 weeks ago and at the same time i asked to become her appointee because of a learning disability she has very little understanding for most things in life, managing and counting money is just the start of her problems. I never claimed DLA for her because of lack of evidence at the time, now i have that important evidence i decided to start a claim off finally. I'm still waiting for a visit from DWP to become her appointee BUT i haven't yet recieved the PIP2 forms. My question is would they send the forms out before i become her appointee or do they wait until after before sending them? I don't want to miss that deadline for returning them and her end up being refused because the forms weren't returned. Any help is appreciated.
Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.

Replies

Sign in or join us to comment.