DLA to PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.


nicole0295 Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited August 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hi my boyfriend was on DLA for almost 5 years and it got stopped last oct as he told them he was moving in with me but his illness was still the same they told him to put in for pip so he did and went for his medical and failed it so he went to court on the 6th of april it got ajurned till the 25th of july then he won his case and got all the points he needed and the rate he wud be on then on the bottom of the letter it said he wasnt on pip so he rang them and they told him he got awarded 6months that was from oct last year to 6th of april this year and thats the end date he been in touch with the wefare rights and they have sent a letter to the courts to see if they have made a mistake some were dwn the line coz if any thing they owed us 10 months not 6 as they were the ones that ajurned it and really it should have a end date some thing like some time in 2019 but it hasnt so can any body help please


  • steve51
    steve51 Member Posts: 7,154 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2017
    Hi @nicole0295

    Welcome to our website and online community I do hope that we can help you with this ???

    Please please let me know if there is anything else we can help you with ???
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,216 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome
    If your BF does not have an award in payment, the first thing to do is submit a new claim if his condition has not improved and he still should qualify for an award.
    There is no waiting time to submit a new claim.
    As you are in touch with welfare rights they should be able to advise further or CAB.

    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,105 Pioneering
    Thanks, @steve51 - I have moved this post for you, @nicole0295.

    This is now in our Ask a Benefits Advisor category, where @BenefitsTrainingCo will be able to advise.
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Member Posts: 2,628 Pioneering
    Hi nicole0295,

    Keep in touch with your Welfare Rights Officer who is assisting him. The tribunal can make an award as long or as short as they feel it is necessary, but your officer has done the right thing to ask if there has been a mistake in the dates on the decision notice. Good luck!

    The Benefits Training Co:
    Paul Bradley
    Michael Chambers
    Will Hadwen
    Sarah Hayle
    Maria Solomon
    David Stickland


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.