Housing list — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Housing list

seanmartindill
seanmartindill Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I am currently in insecure accommodation in Brighton. I have mild learning disabilities and levels of varying mental health from depression to suicidal thoughts. I was on the home move list. My Doctor and consultant have said its imperative I get secure accomodation as my health wont improve. Now I was removed from list due to new residency requirement. 

My Doc says I should fall under mental health priority group. Asked for a review. Several consultant letters

Anything to suggest to make sure they take it seriously. As being in a priority group trumps new 5 year residency rule

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello sean and welcome
    May I suggest that you call the help line who may be  able to assist better

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Ask for Debbie.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @seanmartindill
    im sorry to hear about your struggles, the helpline isn't open on weekends and bank holidays so you can call and speak to one of our Scope staff members but not till Tuesday. 

You can then then reach them on 0808 800 3333. 

Its good youve asked for a review and have letters from your consultants. Gathering as much evidence as possible is a good move. 

You could also consider getting your MP involved. 

I can ask @Debbie_Scope or another team member for their support but it won't be till Tuesday at the earliest. 

If if you struggle over the bank holiday weekend with suicidal thoughts then please do reach out for help. 

Advice from Mind:

Getting help in an emergency

If you don't feel you can keep yourself safe right now, seek immediate help.

• go to any hospital A&E department (sometimes known as the emergency department)
    • call 999 and ask for an ambulance if you can't get to A&E
    • ask someone else to contact 999 for you or take you to A&E immediately

If you need some support right now, but don't want to go to A&E, here are some other options for you to try:

Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Debbie_Alumni
    Debbie_Alumni Community member Posts: 932 Pioneering
    Hi @seanmartindill,

Sorry for the late reply, I've been on leave and just came back this week but then went straight out again on training.

I hope you're ok. I'm going to look into Brighton and Hove Council's housing policy and will get back to you as soon as I can. I'm dealing with quite a large backlog of work at the moment, but I will get round to it. If anything urgent arises in the meantime, get in touch with me or any of my helpline colleagues on 0808 800 3333 or email helpline@scope.org.uk.

Best wishes
    Debbie

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.