advocacy/representation — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

advocacy/representation

Options
kevk
kevk Community member Posts: 2 Listener
After 10mths of agony my day in court arrived. fiasco. no representation on the day as could not access any ADVOCACY or REPRESENTATION services anywhere in my area. CHESHIRE EAST. I struggle to communicate 1 to 1 so I never stood a chance.  Emotional assistance dog NOT ALLOWED in because I hadn't got a letter off my psychiatrist !!!  there's my crutch gone immediately. Prior to this my first hearing was adjourned because the court said "THEY DIDN'T HAVE THE RELEVANT PAPERS" only to find out later that they HAD the papers 2 weeks prior to the trial, then after requesting over 80 pages of medical history, upon sending me my copies there was a discrepancy in the numbering of the documents, ie missing pages 118 ---171 ?? Upon further request the "missing" documents duly arrived the next day BUT 38 pages were the ENTIRE COURT TRANSCIPT for someone else !!  I am at my wits end. THERE HAS TO BE SOMEONE IN MY AREA TO TAKE ON MY FIGHT SO HELP ME GOD. 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Have you tried fightback 4 justice ?
    This was posted recently

Hi I'm a Disability Benefit Lawyer and set up and run Fightback4justice a non profit community interest group that offers free initial advice and professional advocacy in DLA, pip and ESA appeals and other disability related matters. We have a free adviceline and drop in sessions and cover the whole of the UK with this. We are unfunded by grants etc so if you instruct us to advocate in person then there are basic travel/admin costs as we are mostly run by professional volunteers. 

We attend the pip forum in London, liaise with tribunal daily and DWP and see changes as they occur. Find us on Facebook @fightback or ring 01716727444 for free phone advice. As an ex CAb benefit lawyer we know exactly the best way to apply or transfer over to PIP and have an excellent 89% success rate in court to date. 
    Read more at https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/35611/hi-my-name-is-fightback4justice#QedkfkEvOImJssRh.99

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.