Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
After 10mths of agony my day in court arrived. fiasco. no representation on the day as could not access any ADVOCACY or REPRESENTATION services anywhere in my area. CHESHIRE EAST. I struggle to communicate 1 to 1 so I never stood a chance. Emotional assistance dog NOT ALLOWED in because I hadn't got a letter off my psychiatrist !!! there's my crutch gone immediately. Prior to this my first hearing was adjourned because the court said "THEY DIDN'T HAVE THE RELEVANT PAPERS" only to find out later that they HAD the papers 2 weeks prior to the trial, then after requesting over 80 pages of medical history, upon sending me my copies there was a discrepancy in the numbering of the documents, ie missing pages 118 ---171 ?? Upon further request the "missing" documents duly arrived the next day BUT 38 pages were the ENTIRE COURT TRANSCIPT for someone else !! I am at my wits end. THERE HAS TO BE SOMEONE IN MY AREA TO TAKE ON MY FIGHT SO HELP ME GOD.
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 576 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 675 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.