What benefits am I entitled to?
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Benefits questions

Hogan57Hogan57 Member Posts: 1 Listener
How claim ESA on low rate care high rate mobility wife was career for our son for 25+years he was taken off DLA wife was told she not able claim careers for me de to low rate care JC old her for me to et sick paper &claim ESA for us both i 60 yes wife59

Replies

• CockneyRebelCockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,257 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello Hogan and welcome

Have you out your details into an online benefits calculator ? there is one on here
    If you have any questions please just ask

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Sam_AlumniSam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,731 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Hogan57 welcome to the community, I have moved your post to the Benefits Advisor category so I hope you can get some support soon.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • BenefitsTrainingCoBenefitsTrainingCo Member Posts: 2,692 Pioneering

Hi @Hogan57

If there is no entitlement to Income Support for you or your wife (as Carers) then it is right that you should make a joint claim for ESA.

What I think you need to check in the scenario you describe, is whether your son's rejection of PIP is correct - if you haven't done so already, request a Mandatory Reconsideration of the decision to see what the DWP reasoning was - if you agree with it, fair enough, continue with the joint claim for ESA, however you may wish to appeal.

Don't forget to keep Housing Benefit informed of what is happening - there should be no gaps there as it doesn't matter to them what benefit you are on, as long as they know what your income/capital is.

Hope this helps - do let us know if you need some advice on appealing though!

Kind regards,

Mary

The Benefits Training Co:
    Paul Bradley
    Michael Chambers
    Will Hadwen
    Sarah Hayle
    Maria Solomon
    David Stickland
Sign in or join us to comment.