ESA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.


Does anyone know if you are entitled to have contributory ESA  if you have a NHS pension


  • dogfather
    dogfather Member Posts: 61 Connected
    It depends how much your NHS pension is. I believe the first £85 of pension is ok. After that you lose I think 50p of ESA for every additional amount of pension. You need to let ESA know if you are about to receive a pension & how much it is. I wish you luck with that one. It took me two months to get ESA to believe I was getting a pension. 


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.