Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
healthy eating with a family with diverse needs
I am at my wit end as to how to feed my family, my adult daughter has ASD with huge texture issues with food so is very limited in her choices she also has anaemia (two drs suggested chocolate!) She like the rest of us need to lose weight( a local NHS dietician wasn't qualified to advise us!). I have fibromyalgia and Rheumatoid arthritis,. My husband has a cancer, congenital heart problems and now type2 diabetes which seems to go out of control when he takes his medication for it. Any advice would be great as I'm sick of pasta, baked potatoes and three seoerat meals at each sitting. Thank you.
- 54.1K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5.1K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities
- 156 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 797 Work and employment
- 589 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 292 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 266 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.7K Talk about money
- 2.2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.6K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 688 Chronic pain and pain management
- 707 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 938 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.