Won PIP tribunal - it's been 11 weeks! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Won PIP tribunal - it's been 11 weeks!

jackie27
jackie27 Community member Posts: 18 Connected
edited September 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi this is my fist time  I won my pip tribrunal  on 4july . Got a letter saying they may appeal on 6july not heard anything back it's now 11weeks can they still appeal .

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi jackie and welcome
    This is becoming more common place from the DWP.
    The only way they can appeal is on an error of law, which almost never happens.
    Did they say that they had requested a statement of reason (SOR) ?
    11 weeks is a long time to wait.
    If they have requested an SOR, then you should ring the tribunal clerk for a progress report.
    If they haven't, then they should have put your award into payment and you need to ring them.

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • jackie27
    Hi I'm declared deaf and I got my brother to phone he gets told all different stories he phone the tribrule they said the pip are going to appeal I thought it was to late for appeal.
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @jackie27

It's great to meet you on our website and online community.

Please please have a good look around & let me know if you encounter any problems ???

Heres some info for you about "PIP"

https://www.scope.org.uk/support/disabled-people/calculate-benefits

We also have got  "Benefit Advisors"  & I will forward your post onto them if that's okay????

Hi @BenefitsTrainingCo

Sorry but I have got another "PIP" that I could do with some help please???

Many many thanks.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger

They can only appeal on an error of law, which seldom happens. To do this they would first ask for a SOR from the judge. This they have to do within 28 days of the decision. Unfortunately the judge can take his own time. You should have received a  letter from DWP saying that they were asking for SOR.
    When the SOR is received, DWP then have 28days to lodge their appeal  or put your award into payment.
    The only thing you can do is to ring the tribunal clerk and ask for an update due to length of waiting time.
     No point ringing DWP as  until they have SOR they can do no more.
    Sorry its not better news

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • jackie27
    Hi all I phoned tribrunal and they said they are going to appeal but when I phone pip they say they are waiting for the judge   

• jackie27
    Hi tribrunal  was 4 July it's now 12oct still waiting  I won and still waiting  for sor  my mp is looking into it its terrible  you wait this long 
  • Joe_khan1
    Joe_khan1 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Disgusting Sally k
  • jackie27
    Hi all got my brother to phone  tribrunal  today and they said judge sent the sor yesterday  so should hear next week waited 16 weeks 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.