Financial advice please? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Financial advice please?

julieevans Member Posts: 2 Listener
I am a single parent and my son has downs syndrome i get ctc and wtc and support with his childcare costs he is in the same school that he was in before the summer when i was getting support  with chldcare costs but since september the tax credit office have told me conflicting information currently they are not paying towards my sons childcare even though my circumstances have not changed my son is 16 and is in his school until he is almost 20 and i have a full time childminder. My ctc and wtc has dropped by £80 per week and i am now in a position where i cannot afford to pay for my childcare because of the reduction. The tax credit calculator on the government website figure shows that i would get help with childcare costs but 1 advisor has told me i will not get any now he is 16 and the other has said i will but no payments have been made yes, has anyone come across this as i am beside myself with worry as i do not know what to do cant afford to pack in work due to having a mortgage.



Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.