extreme difficulty getting around, cannot hold a kettle or do everyday things — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

extreme difficulty getting around, cannot hold a kettle or do everyday things

Options
babsie
babsie Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I have CFS and Fibromyalgia. I'm 65yrs old.
I have extreme difficulty getting around, cannot hold a kettle or do everyday things. I've tried everything my GP has suggested to no avail.
I've tried diets, graded exercise CBT and counselling.
i can't change what's happened so I just do my best

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @babsie

A very good afternoon to you & welcome to our online community.

Please please have a good look around  our website.

We have got a very active online community which is well worth investigating.

You will be able to "meet & great" other members in similar situations as yourself.

Please let me know if I can help you further ???

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @babsie welcome to the community, I have moved your post to the Ask a disability trainer category where @simonsable may be able to offer you some support and information that could help :)
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • simonsable
    simonsable Community member Posts: 75 Connected
    Options
    Hi @babsie Do you have anyone to help you with any daily tasks like housework? Fibromyalgia Iis classed a disability so you should be able to get PIP.
  • babsie
    Options
    Hi yes my husband has retired and does all the daily things. I do get the high rate DLA it was indefinitely but I dread it being changed for the PIP. So many people are turned down for it. If I lose the car I'll be unable to get out. My husband drives it. 
  • Nystagmite
    Nystagmite Community member Posts: 596 Pioneering
    Options
    Have you tried a hot water dispenser instead of a kettle? I can't use a kettle safely and the hearing and sight centre suggested that a safer way of using a kettle could be a hot water dispenser instead. I think mine cost me about £60 on Amazon.
  • simonsable
    simonsable Community member Posts: 75 Connected
    Options
    Is your doctor helpful could they write the assessor a letter stating your car you independence and helps your wellbeing?

• babsie
    Options
    My GP is ok. I tend not to go to a Dr because everything is put down to ME, Fibromyalgia and there is no magic cure. I have had ME for 15 yr after shingles and a Fibromyalgia for about 6. 
    I was a nurse and fully expected to work to retirement age, in my case 60. Instead I had to give up at 55. The biggest regret ever.
    I will ask my GP for help when asked to go for a PIP meeting. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.