Disabled people
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

extreme difficulty getting around, cannot hold a kettle or do everyday things

babsiebabsie Member Posts: 3 Listener
edited September 2017 in Disabled people
I have CFS and Fibromyalgia. I'm 65yrs old.
I have extreme difficulty getting around, cannot hold a kettle or do everyday things. I've tried everything my GP has suggested to no avail.
I've tried diets, graded exercise CBT and counselling.
i can't change what's happened so I just do my best

Replies

• steve51steve51 Member Posts: 7,175 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @babsie

A very good afternoon to you & welcome to our online community.

Please please have a good look around  our website.

We have got a very active online community which is well worth investigating.

You will be able to "meet & great" other members in similar situations as yourself.

Please let me know if I can help you further ???

• Sam_AlumniSam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,731 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @babsie welcome to the community, I have moved your post to the Ask a disability trainer category where @simonsable may be able to offer you some support and information that could help :)
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • simonsablesimonsable Member Posts: 76 Connected
    Hi @babsie Do you have anyone to help you with any daily tasks like housework? Fibromyalgia Iis classed a disability so you should be able to get PIP.
  • babsiebabsie Member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hi yes my husband has retired and does all the daily things. I do get the high rate DLA it was indefinitely but I dread it being changed for the PIP. So many people are turned down for it. If I lose the car I'll be unable to get out. My husband drives it. 
  • NystagmiteNystagmite Member Posts: 609 Pioneering
    Have you tried a hot water dispenser instead of a kettle? I can't use a kettle safely and the hearing and sight centre suggested that a safer way of using a kettle could be a hot water dispenser instead. I think mine cost me about £60 on Amazon.
  • simonsablesimonsable Member Posts: 76 Connected
    Is your doctor helpful could they write the assessor a letter stating your car you independence and helps your wellbeing?

• babsiebabsie Member Posts: 3 Listener
    My GP is ok. I tend not to go to a Dr because everything is put down to ME, Fibromyalgia and there is no magic cure. I have had ME for 15 yr after shingles and a Fibromyalgia for about 6. 
    I was a nurse and fully expected to work to retirement age, in my case 60. Instead I had to give up at 55. The biggest regret ever.
    I will ask my GP for help when asked to go for a PIP meeting. 
Sign in or join us to comment.