Hi, my name is marcpeterspacey007! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is marcpeterspacey007!

Options
marcpeterspacey007
marcpeterspacey007 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello  I have been transferred from DLA to PIP  and lost over #120 .00 a month yet my situation hasnt changed.. a person not a medical officer came and evaluated me with questions like can i switch my phone on..   its scandalous  how people are losing essential benefits ... i want to re apply but am worried they will lose all my pip... my situation has changed as i now inject insulin four times a day.. should i re apply.. marc

Comments

• MJDean
    MJDean Community member Posts: 40 Courageous
    Options
    Hi @marcpeterspacey007

A very big welcome to you to our online community/website from me.

As someone who is going through the PIP process myself, I completely understand your frustration. We are all here for you to offer our support. 

I have attached a link to some relevant information and advice on how to appeal. Please let me know if this is any help you. 

Please please get back to me if it isn't and I will do my best to help you. 

We are all here for you!

https://www.scope.org.uk/support/disabled-people/benefits/appeals

http://www.advicenow.org.uk/guides/how-win-pip-appeal
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome Marc

Can you tell us a little more so we can help ?
    DLA and PIP have very different criteria, PIP is mainly about functionallity not condition 

When did you receive your decision letter ?
    Did you ask for a mandatory reconsideration ?
    Have you appealed to the tribunal ?

Unless your situation has changed in a way that affects your ability to carry our the PIP activities a supersession will probably be dismissed

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.