Relevant info to send to PIP tribunal..any help? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Relevant info to send to PIP tribunal..any help?

Options
rachelrees1989
rachelrees1989 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited October 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hi there,

I've had rheumatoid arthritis for nearly 6 years. I was on standard daily a
llowance for the past 4 and a half years. I changed my circumstances as my condition worsened, I sent the relevant info to them from docs etc an had the assessment. the assessor basically lied I'm her report I'm so upset. I've now taken it to tribunal but wasn't sure what I could send with it.

any help I would be grateful.

thanks xx

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello and welcome  Rachel

Unfortunately you are not alone, many assessments are not reflected in the report

There is no need to send any further unless you have any that you haven't already submitted.
    Most claims already contain sufficient evidence to enable the correct award, but it needs to be presented in an idiot proof way.
    The tribunal takes a fresh look at all the evidence, you can help them by pointing them to the relevant evidence in the bundle specific to each descriptor.
    You do not need to write "war and Peace " for your submission

This is my formula for appeal that has served me well:

Give a brief history

State which descriptors you do agree with

Then take each disputed descriptor one at a time
    State what was awarded
    State what you think should have been awarded and why, referencing it to the bundle

Write a brief summary with your expected award

It does not have to be difficult

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.