Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi everyone, I have just joined this website as I saw a discussion on AFO’s. My 2 year old daughter has hemiplegia on her right side and has a splint on her right leg. She has had a splint on her right leg for 5-6 months now and I would like to chat to someone who also has experience wearing a splint. When the splint is on she is fantastic at walking, nearly runs, however when it is off she cannot walk at all. Does anyone know if this will improve with time and the more she wears her splint?
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 575 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 674 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 927 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.