ESA — Scope | Disability forum
New to the community? Remember to read our community guidelines and our community house rules.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

ESA

heya 
I had my esa medical assesment 8 weeks ago now and I’ve still not heard anything from them. Whereas someone I know had theirs a few weeks after mine and they’ve heard back. Should I be worried 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,217 Disability Gamechanger
    There is no point worrying, is this a reassessment ?
    8-12 weeks is not unusual

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • lorraine1988
    lorraine1988 Member Posts: 9 Listener
    Yeah it’s a reassessment as they said the first time the right questions weren’t getting asked. so they had to do a new reassessment.
    im only worrying as someone I know has got his decision n his assessment was 3 weeks after mine. 
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Member Posts: 2,628 Pioneering
    Hi lorraine1988,

Please try not to worry about it. In my experience people are generally waiting around 8 weeks for an outcome. I can't explain why your friend has had his a lot sooner but I wouldn't draw any conclusions from that. You could say that if they want to refuse people and get them off ESA they might make the decisions on those claims quicker than the others so you just never know. Good luck.

Lee

The Benefits Training Co:
    Paul Bradley
    Michael Chambers
    Will Hadwen
    Sarah Hayle
    Maria Solomon
    David Stickland

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.

Fancy a chat in our virtual coffee lounge?

Put the kettle on and have a chat in our coffee lounge with other members. We talk about hobbies, games and anything else you can think of!

Cerebral Palsy (CP) Online Cafe

Here's a new opportunity for people with CP or a similar disability (aged 20+) to get together and chat. The sessions are in partnership with CP Sport so you can find out more and meet people from both organisations.

Are you struggling?

Read our 'Coping with stress, low mood and isolation' support thread for a run-down of ideas on how to banish those blues and feel happier.

What do you think about the community?

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community a better space for you.

Information about COVID-19

If you have questions about the virus, please read our information and support which includes guidance on benefits, getting food and essentials and Cerebral Palsy.

Back to school this September?

Read tips on how to settle back in and handle any worries you or your children might be having this new term.

Online employment support

Support to Work is an online and telephone support programme for disabled people who are looking for work.