Looking for a cleaner/PA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Looking for a cleaner/PA

Options
ghelpme9543_
ghelpme9543_ Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited October 2017 in Research and opportunities
It's actually gill I now desperately need help cleaning and tidying. I have advertised at the job centres and Nextdoor etc but to no avail, I am quite happy to employ someone with a disability as long as they can do the job to an acceptable standard.  Its one bedroom, landing and stairs all carpeted, need hoovering and dusting and tidying. Bathroom, lounge, kitchen/diner and small conservatory, all washable floors need tidying and cleaning. I am crippled by broken spine plus ruptured discs and housebound. If you can help get me straight again because I have got in a terrible mess thanks to the terrible treatment I suffered from the last 2 cleaners and then keep me straight I would be most relieved. I estimate 12 hours to start then 1 hour a day Monday to Friday to make my bed and wash up, plus 2 hours to clean and tidy through on a day to be agreed. You need to be a non-smoker due to my lung condition and to be able to read and write good English as some correspondence will be involved. There may be other duties as and when required and I have a teacup Yorkshire terrier that I want to get back from fostering, she is very gentle and friendly you will fall in love with her you need to have no fears of her. This is for the long term. So if you are loyal, do the job properly and attend at times arranged on top of basic pay of £8.50 an hour there will be a 6 monthly bonus of 50p per hour worked paid lump sum making it up to £9 per hour.  Are you near enough to Lancing BN159QS to consider this - if so please get in touch [number removed]. I would be much relieved. Gill, I hope to have a major spine op before Christmas and really desperately need help before then. Social Services over a number of years have steadfastly refused to assist me in any way and I have had a shoulder replacement this year neck and hand surgery last year and innumerable ops where social services have not helped in any way over the last 14 years at least.  I even had to have an injection in my spine without sedation because social services would not allocate a night sitter.
Sorry its so long but if someone can help practically it will be worth it. Agencies cost too much and do not pay the staff what I am offering.

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.