Disability news
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

"Why I secretly taped my disability assessment"

AlexAlex Posts: 1,325 Scope community team
Interesting news story given some of the recent conversations here about recording assessments: Why I secretly taped my disability assessment

In this case he was fortunate that the judge let him use his recording (and he went on to win his case).

Replies

• NystagmiteNystagmite Member Posts: 609 Pioneering
    I'm beginning to wish I'd done this now. But am I correct in thinking I wouldn't have been able to use it as evidence at my reconsideration?
  • GeoarkGeoark Community champion, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,349 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Nystagmite as the article made clear the decision to allow the recording was unusual, and it is not usually allowed.

I am more interested in the trialling of recording these interviews unless the claimant doesn't want it recorded, and the impact this has on claims. Including a potential rise in new claims where people have not been rewarded PIP due to the lies of assessors. Hopefully after the trial it is not quietly dropped.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

Sign in or join us to comment.