How do i fill in the PiP form for my Husband. — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

How do i fill in the PiP form for my Husband.

How do i fill in the above form for him he has chronic Obstructive Pulmomary Disease he has arthritis
And dislexia too.

I need help filling this in what to put as its worded funny it has to be back for Saturday at the lastest.

Diligent 500.


  • lottieonline
    lottieonline Member Posts: 12 Listener
    I am happy to give you some help
  • Matilda
    Matilda Member Posts: 2,610 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2017

    You can ask DWP for a time extension to submit form.  I got an extra two weeks.  Don't let DWP fob you off - say you need to seek help to complete the form.

    You can phone Scope helpline who can advise you if there are other advice organisations in your area if CAB services are limited or closed down altogether (as is the case in some areas).

    Scope, CAB and Disability Rights sites all have guides to claiming PIP with Disability Rights having a draft diary.  It's advisable to submit at least a 7-day diary.  List all the aids you use as needing to use aids usually will get you some points.  Don't tick the mobility walking distance 'it varies' box; tick a specific box.  Able to walk aided less than 20 metres = 12 points (enhanced); able to walk 20-50 metres aided = 10 points (standard); able to walk 20-50 metres unaided = 8 points (standard).  These are all walking distances before you need to stop and rest for a minute or so before continuing.

    There is also the Disability Rights benefits handbook available from their site.  You do have to buy this but worth the money.

    But the best thing would be if you can get some face to face help locally - as I've said, phone Scope helpline for advice organisations in your area.

    And send the form by recorded delivery!
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,216 Disability Gamechanger
    Have a look at the B&W self test. This will give an indication of what is required

    Come back with any questions. You can ring the DWP and ask for an extension which you should do tomorrow, you must not be late returning the form


    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • wildlife
    wildlife Member Posts: 1,308 Pioneering
    @Dilligent500 Search for PIP points system online. Benefitsandwork website have it on there. Study all the different activities and chose which ones apply to your husband. That will give you a good idea what information to put on the PIP form. However expert advice would still be the best option for help with this. 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,216 Disability Gamechanger
    Keeep copies of the completed form and any evidence that you send. Make a note of any telephone calls you make to them with time, date and the name of the person you spoke to

    It all looks very hard and stressful but if you break it down into small sections it is more manageable

    You do not have to try and squeeze everything into their little boxes..If it is easier you can write your answers separately and attach to the back of the form with name and NI number on each sheet

    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Diligent500
    Diligent500 Member Posts: 20
    Hi Thanks for info we have Not received a reply as to weather Anthony has got Pip last time we had reply with in a week so Proberbly will get it Hopefully this Time will let you know the Outcome as soon as we know.



Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.