Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Car travel with oxygen
I live in Tameside. I am 85 years old man and have COPD and other medical conditions. I go to a day care centre three times a week using social services transport. However, my medical condition has deteriorated and I now need to use a wheelchair and oxygen. I have been told by Transport I need a crash tested wheelchair and a cage for my oxygen tank when I am transported to the day care centre. But Transport are not forthcoming in what I exactly need to buy to cover their health and safety procedure. Surely there must be other people who are in a similar situation. It is so frustrating.
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 764 Work and employment
- 579 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 278 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.3K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.