'Invisible disability' - not exactly what it says on the tin - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

'Invisible disability' - not exactly what it says on the tin

Options
2»

Comments

• Nystagmite
    Nystagmite Community member Posts: 596 Pioneering
    Options
    Ehit said:
    Thank you for sharing your story. I too have fibromyalgia and know only too well those looks that obviously just don’t believe you. My latest was that of my PIP assessor! I’ve lost all my PIP because I was having a good day. 
    This happened to me too. It looks like when I have another dreaded assessment, the only way not to fail is to play up on things.

I did once have a bus driver want to take my bus pass off me because according to him, I don't look disabled. The criteria for a bus pass is that you have to be refused a driving licence. (or other things) I meet that criteria for various reasons, including the medication I'm on. But how would anyone know anything about my medication unless I actually say something?

I was once refused a bus pass on the basis that I can see too. I would love to know how anyone actually knows what I see.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.