Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi, my name is bonnydog!
I challenged the assessor’s false claim that she had seen me walk 30m to and from the assessment room to my car - I had, but had rested for several minutes half way - both on the way in and out, which events were conveniently omitted! I confirmed that - whilst my condition was getting worse - my mobility support had been totally withdrawn. I challenged in detail, point by point, everything in the assessment report that I didn’t agree with. My consultant also kindly supplied a short, simple letter in support of my mobility claim (along the lines of: ‘I support the appellant’s claim for mobility allowance’). After the assessment I really couldn’t face going through an ‘in person’ appeal, so my successful appeal was a written one.
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 574 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 276 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 927 Mental health and wellbeing
- 297 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.