Hi, my name is Rosey44! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Rosey44!

Options
Rosey44
Rosey44 Community member Posts: 3 Connected
Would like some advice regarding pip, was on dla 10 years, changed over to pip and failed assessment as well as tribunal with 3 representatives. I have hearing impairment, struggled really bad to hear anyone and feel this didn't help why I failed. I don't feel I got the support that I should of got. I'm hoping to go further and take it to the first tier. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi Rosey and welcome

PIP has very different criteria than DLA

As you have already been to tribunal you have two options
    1) you can appeal to the UTT only if an error of law can be found in the decision. You would need to ask for a statement of reason from the judge. Then you would need trained advice to take it forward. It is very unusuak for an error to occur.

2) there is no waiting time to re appy so you can make a new claim.

It is important to understand the points scoring system, the descriptor and the criteria for an award. A good place to start is the self test

http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php

there is also lots of info on here
    Please come back with any questions

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Rosey44
    Rosey44 Community member Posts: 3 Connected
    Options
    There was inconsistencies with the report from court, plus even with my hearing aid, I couldn't hear properly. Part of the report was hand written and nobody can understand it, even CAB couldn't. I had the doctor there who was my previous rheumatologist. I was told that. All I can do is wait for welfare rights to get in touch and see. Thanks

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.