Assessment Lies — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Assessment Lies

Options
Monalisa
Monalisa Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello All,

I'm new to this site although I've been reading for a couple of months now trying to prepare myself mentally for my partners PIP assessment. 

He had his assessment at home about 2 and a half weeks ago and based on advice on this forum, I requested a copy of the report 2 days after the assessment. It arrived in the post today and despite me checking everything the assessor wrote prior to him leaving the house, he had rewritten the entire assessment and fabricated everything.

It is like reading about someone and something entirely different. 

My partner has taken it really badly, understandably. And I'm upset although, reading this forum prepared me for the worst. 

He suffers from Chronic Cluster Headaches. Anyone who knows what CCH knows it's not a headache. He rarely has respite from the attacks and had had an attack a few hours prior to the assessor showing up and whilst the assessor was here. Somehow the assessor had observed my partner making eye contact, conversing fluently, looking and appearing 'normal' despite my partner holding his head in his hands and being curled over in pain. My partner barely spoke throughout the entire thing - but the assessor said that he was fine. The majority of the time, my partner was literally in bed, holding his head, grumbling in pain. There was no mention of that. Along with everything else. He said my partner looked presentable, yet, I've not been able to cut his hair/shave for weeks at that point.

I'm truly saddened that his disability has been invalidated and I'd love some advice as to what I could do next. I'll do the mandatory reconsideration and if that fails, I'll appeal for a tribunal. But, more than that, I feel it incumbent to stop this happening again. I couldn't believe that the entire form had been fabricated. From start to finish. And the assessor claimed he was the trainer for all assessors in the North West. If this is how he's training HCs to be, no wonder there are so many complaints.

Apologies for the long post and thank you in advance. 

Monalisa 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.