If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Hi, my name is Exiled_Bee!

Options
Exiled_Bee
Exiled_Bee Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I work in an adult education institution in Germany. I'm not disabled, but I teach English to future carers and remedial therapists, so I'm always on the look-out for "real-life" stories to make my classes relevant and foster a deeper understanding of disability. And I learn a lot myself while doing so!

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello Exiled Bee and welcome

Please have a good look around and join in with any threads, I am sure that you can share some things with our members as well as seeing many different stories

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,147 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Exiled_Bee

A very very big welcome to you this mourning.

Please please have a good look around our site ???

I'm constantly looking at different ways for treatment/management off my chronic pain as tablets don't work !!!!!

• Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,472 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Exiled_Bee and welcome to the community.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• Exiled_Bee
    Options
    Thanks to all for your kind words of welcome!

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,147 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Exiled_Bee

No problem please please let me know if I can help !!!!!
  • Exiled_Bee
    Options
    Cheers! At the moment I am keeping an eye open for blog posts etc. that will help me to raise my students' awareness and understanding of what impact visible or invisible disabilities have on those affected (so also family, partners, carers, classmates, workmates etc.).

• AlexW_Scope
    AlexW_Scope Scope Posts: 224 Pioneering
    Options
    Welcome @Exiled_Bee

You may also find Scope's blog and our YouTube channel useful sources of disabled people's stories.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.