Hi, my name is traceytracey! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is traceytracey!

traceytracey
traceytracey Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi all, I wonder if anybody has has a similar thing happen and any advice would be much appreciated :) I have recently been diagnosed with Rheumatoid arthritis which also affects my lungs. I was told to apply for pip which I did. They awarded me the lower amount for daily living and nothing for mobility. I appealed this and they have sent me a letter saying they are now not awarding me anything and that they have over paid me!! I have never claimed anything in my life so am very confused. From the letter he has said that I swim 5 times a week, when in fact I stated at the f2f assessment that I would like to swim 5 times a week as it helps my joints, there are other things I disagree with too numerous to go into, I will appeal but feel very confused and alone right now :(. Sorry for rant i,m sure you all have your own problems to deal with.

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi traceytracey

So sorry you are having to deal with this, I know how EA can bring you down

Alas your story is not uncommon, but don't get angry get even.
    You will not get an award for complaining about the assessor, your job now is to show that you meet the criteria for an award to the independant tribunal.

Have you requested a copy of the assessment report ?

It is important to understand the points system, the descriptors and the criteria for an award. A good place to start is the B&W site self test.

http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.phphere is also a lot of great info on here, so please have a look around and come back with any questions

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @traceytracey

A very very big welcome to you to our online community.

Here's some info for you about benefits (pip) 

The below info is a benefit calculator from within our site:

https://www.scope.org.uk/support/disabled-people/benefits/check

Please please let me know if I can support/help you more ??

Many thanks.
  • traceytracey
    traceytracey Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi , thank you both for info, I have now requested a copy of assessment report :)
    I have previously done the B&W self test and according to than I qualify. I am just going to look at the web sites you have attached. Thank you both once again its a great relief to know that there is somebody to help with my question. TT

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.