Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Spinal collar comfort tips please
My husband had decompression and fusion on 3 cervical vertebrae just over two weeks ago. He’s finding the hard spinal collar quite uncomfortable where it rests on his shoulders, and also is experiencing pain running from neck down to far end of shoulder beyond where collar is, maybe just nerves playing up while healing?? Can anyone give any tips for making the hard collar more comfortable, or can share what it was like for them at this stage of recovering from this surgery?
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 574 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 276 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 927 Mental health and wellbeing
- 297 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.