Hi, my name is tasmin! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is tasmin!

Options
tasmin
tasmin Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Please forgive me but I have never done anything like this before, so excuse me if I go on.  I was claiming, middle rate and high rate disability allowance, like so many people out there,l had to change to pip, the decision came through, I received 8 points for daily living, and 4 points for mobility, I suffer a number of aliments, Churg Strauss syndrome, Dvts, a spinal  Haematoma , which has left me hardly able to walk,  and double  incontinent. I had my first tribunal , which was adjourned due to lack of medical history, 12weeks have passed and now and today I had my second tribunal , as I walked into the room I noticed that my old G.P,  was on the bench, he admitted who he was, but also pointed out that I had not been his patient for the last 20 years, I was told to leave the room and wait their decision. Yet again it has been adjourned , due to the fact he could have a  biased opinion. I feel emotionally shattered, I can't believe this has happened twice to me, do they realise what we go through to go to these tribunals.  I work part-time, and today has cost me a days wages, also the taxi fare to get me to the tribunal, yes I could claim the expenses back, but to be honest with you, I have lost the will to live. Yet again my apologys for going on so much,

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello Tasmin and welcome

Nothing to forgive at all, sometimes we all need to let of a bit of steam and you are welcome to do so here :)

You are being given a hard time with this, How long is your current award for ?

You are already at the end stage of the appeal process so there is not much advice we can give you but please have a look around and come back with any questions or even if you just want a rant, We are here to support you if we can

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @tasmin

Good mourning & welcome to our community.

I'm so sorry to hear about your current situation.

Please please don't apologise thats what we are all here for !!!!!!

Please let us know if there is any help/support that we can help you with ????

You are not alown with this as  we have many members in the same "Ship" as you are.

They are all are at different stages than you are.

Would you like me to point you in there direction ???

We also have lot's off info for you, I can send you some by email if that would help ???

Please please let me know if I can help/support you further ???

Many thanks.

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @tasmin and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear about your recent tribunal experiences, it must have been so disappointing for you to have to go through all this hassle to access the support you need.

If you are struggling with your mental health, it is important that you discuss this with someone who is qualified to help. You can call the Samaritans on 116 123 (free) or email them at jo@samaritans.org. You might also benefit from reading MIND’s information on how you can help yourself

Keep us updated and I really hope today is a good day!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.