Hi, my name is janiedoll! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Hi, my name is janiedoll!

I am currently receiving PIP and Employment and Support Allowance.  I am still employed but have been on long term sickness.  If my employer offered me a package to retire early, would I still be eligible for ESA?


  • steve51
    steve51 Member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @janiedoll

    A very very big welcome to you this mourning.

    I had to take early retirment about 4yrs ago due to ill health.

    I have been on esa for a few yrs now.

    My wife works full time as well & we have a young family.

    Please please let me know if you would like further info/advice/support ?????

  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,212 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi janiedoll and welcome

    Is there a possibility that you may be able to return to work ?
    Which ESA group are you in ?
    Is your employer still paying you SP ?

    Simply put If nothing changes with your health condition then you will continue to be eligible for ESA under the terms that you first claimed it

    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • janiedoll
    janiedoll Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you both for your reply.  

    steve51, did you have a pension scheme at your work and did your early retirement have an impact on that?

    CockneyRebel, my condition is degenerative so I won't be returning to work.  I am on the income related group I think and yes, I still have an income from my employer.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.