Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
My parents are both registered disabled and are 85 years old. My father has dementia and my mother a hip replacement, they cannot get up to the third floor without the lift because they cant manage the stairs. the lift needs major work doing on it and they have been told it may be out of action for up to 6 weeks. They own the flat leasehold and own 1 19th of the freehold along with 19 other leaseholders that each owns there flat. there are four directors. please, can you advise me what laws cover them in regards to the lift being out of use for so long and what steps I can take to help them as they will be potentially trapped in the flat for all of this time without a lift .thank you. David .
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 760 Work and employment
- 578 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.