Hi, my name is SAfamily12! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Hi, my name is SAfamily12!

SAfamily12 Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited November 2017 in Education
Hi my son has verbal developmental dyspraxia and has only scored 4 points on pip claim my son don't socialise the assessor said my son had poor communication and was withdrawn should my son of got points on this? Also with complex reading my son is ok with one to one but doing this on his own within different environment as stated in in echp he should of got points I'm not sure what to do now the college thinks my son might have aspergers as he to be reminded to eat drink wash 


  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2017
    Hi @SAfamily12, and welcome to the community!

    I've moved your post into our Ask About EHCPs category, where an advisor will hopefully be able to answer your questions about your son's learning needs. 

    Are you considering appealing your PIP decision? If so, let us know if you need any support or advice.
  • IndependentSupportServices
    IndependentSupportServices Member Posts: 54 Courageous
    Hi @SAfamily12

    It sounds as though there are a few issues here. Regarding the EHCP and support given through this, there are specific organisations who can help. You need to speak to someone in your local area so do an internet search for 'SENDIASS' and your area. SENDIASS are the Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Information, Advice and Support Service.

    If the college suspect a specific need, they will assess your son and adjust his support there. If he needs to be reminded to eat, drink and wash and is over 14, you may want to consider requesting a referral to adult social services so that they can do an assessment and if there is any support that need to be put into place to enable him to be more independent as an adult, it can be done now.

    As @PippaScope says above, if you need any support to appeal your PIP decision, get back in touch with Scope. There is a board on this forum where you can ask a benefits advisor who will have specialist knowledge



Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.