Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.


eeyore1987eeyore1987 Member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi all

I am new here.

I am currently working but suffer depression and anxiety - i take several medications and have been signed off work previously due to this.

I am struggling again but i am concerned about being signed off as i would only get ssp? is that correct and how would i pay my rent? 

Would i be entitled to esa?

Thank you 


  • AlexW_ScopeAlexW_Scope Scope Posts: 215 Pioneering
    Sorry to hear this @eeyore1987

    You might find this useful: Support to help you keep your job when ill or disabled

    Best wishes, Alex

  • Tracy1965Tracy1965 Member Posts: 22 Connected
    I tried to go back to work but after 10 days couldn’t cope i had already told all my benefits that I was starting so everything got cancelled now I’m in a situation where I can’t pay bills got no food in house for myself or my son I’ve got so low again don’t want to go out the house or do anything but lay in my bed I can’t take anything in when trying to read I just don’t know what to do anymore I had a message this morning from Esa saying they have received my application which I was told to put in as a rapid claim but still they say it could be 2 weeks before I hear anything 
  • Pippa_AlumniPippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,851 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm so sorry to hear that @Tracy1965, it sounds like things are really tough for you at the moment. Keep following it up with the DWP when you feel like you can, and keep us updated on your progress. I really hope today is as kind as possible to you. 
Sign in or join us to comment.