Hi, my name is lizan! — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Hi, my name is lizan!

lizan Member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi,my husband passed away 1/11/17,we where in receipt of pension credit and basic state pension,he was 70 and me 60,,,,i have been trying to apply for benefit,but nobody will help,when i phone them,they keep giving me different numbers to phone,,,,,any advice,would be welcome


  • Alex
    Alex Scope Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    Hi Lizan,

    As you are 60, you may be eligible for PIP. To start your claim you need to call the DWP on 0800 917 2222. They will ask you for basic information and then send a claim form.

    If you're not sure which benefit - then we have a benefit calculator here that you can use to check.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.