If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Feeling isolated

Options
Louisemariedavies000
Louisemariedavies000 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited November 2017 in Coffee lounge
I’m disabled wheelchair user I was diagnosed with autoimmune kidney disease, angina, high blood pressure, spinal disc disease, diabetes and temporal lobe epilepsy. I have lost all my friends and have been totally isolated. Since I was moved to a bungalow for my disability needs no one visits me. I haven’t spoken to anyone for months. 

Comments

• MJDean
    MJDean Community member Posts: 40 Contributor
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Hi @Louisemariedavies000. I'm sorry you feel so alone and are so isolated. I sometimes feel alone too.

We are a very welcoming community so I am sure you will make lots of friends here. Scope's befriending service might be able to help you. https://www.scope.org.uk/support/services/befriending

Can you give some advice @Sam_Scope or @PippaScope?
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,665 Championing
    Options
    Hi @Louisemariedavies000 welcome to the community.

Isolation is really difficult. Are you able to get out and about? Are there any local groups to you that you could join? Take a look at your GP surgery, library or community centres to see what is going on in the area.

I am a member of the Womens Institute and I have met so many people through that, you can search your local WI here.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Louisemariedavies000
    Louisemariedavies000 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    I have no wheelchair access I’ve been trapped in the property since June this year. I have been offered a property in another area. It’s currently being adapted and hopefully will be available in 5 weeks. I’m still isolated I have no friends since I was diagnosed no one talks to me anymore.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,665 Championing
    Options
    Oh that sounds really tough @Louisemariedavies000 - do you mind me asking, have you tried to speak to your old friends and explain a bit more about how you are feeling?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.