claiming carers allowance — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

claiming carers allowance

Options
mandy20861
mandy20861 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I work two part time jobs with no other income such as benefits only part housing benefit,my 28yr old daughter was diagnosed 3 yrs ago with myasthenia gravis disease ,its a neurological disease with no cure,she has plasma exchange every 2 weeks and she becomes very ill at least every 2 weeks i.e cant swallow,cant breathe properly,cant lift her head or arms,she has an 8yr old daughter,i try my best to help her in anyway i can but working 2 jobs i find this very difficult at times,i feel i need to be there for her a lot more,im worried that if i try and claim for carers allowance it will affect my income or housing benefit as i know i would need to give up one of my jobs as i earn above the income thats allowed and would i have to stop working while the claim is in process,any advice would be much appreciated.

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.