disability housing abuse discrimination rights - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

disability housing abuse discrimination rights

Options
2»

Comments

• RebeccaMHadvisor
    RebeccaMHadvisor Community member Posts: 99 Courageous
    Options
    Hi @stevek84

I think that the advice @Geoark has given you is right. I can hear that things are very difficult and the situation you find yourself in is harsh but I am too seeing it more and more with the changes the government are making not only to the benefits system, the NHS and the housing system...but knowing that doesn't really help you.

I think first of all it is important to have a safety plan in place and part of the plan needs to include accident and emergency as Geoark has mentioned above.

You have mentioned you GP and the visit that you have had and neither seems to have been what you need but I think it is really important that you try and access appropriate support again.

If you feel you have a relationship with your GP but she wasn't able to support you in the way you needed in the past, I think it might prove helpful to talk to her again. Talk to her about your mental health, how you are feeling and what is happening at the moment. If you feel she wasn't helpful you can request to see someone else.

I hope that you find the forum helpful
    Rebecca 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.