Hi, my name is traceyp2017! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is traceyp2017!

Options
traceyp2017
traceyp2017 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Morning I'm Tracey I have just become a full time carer for an elderly lady I have known for years.
I'm a bit concerned by the job centre I feel they are trying to force me to attend appointments ,I have to travel a lot for the lady I care for and I look after her 42 hrs plus a week ,why do the job centre need to see me ? I have just cancelled an appointment today because I cannot be there and she to the lady at the same time ,I do everything for her ,why are they on my case ?

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @traceyp2017

Good Morning & Welcome to our online community!!!!

We can offer you help/support/info if that would help you??? 

Please please let me know how you feel??????

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Hi @Traceyp2017,

Welcome to the community. That sounds really tough. Have you discussed this with your advisor? If so, what did they say?

I had a quick look along and came across this interesting letter from the DWP which answers a similar question. They say:

If a carer is asked to take part in a WFI and their caring responsibilities mean that the interview would not be of any assistance to them either now, or in the foreseeable future, the requirement to take part in that interview can in discussion with a Jobcentre Plus adviser, be waived.  

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.