pip medical assessor lied feel so ashamed now - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pip medical assessor lied feel so ashamed now

Comments

• Rosiesmum
    Rosiesmum Community member Posts: 75 Connected

Good luck @misstracey there have been some recent reports on here of decisions being changed,it is worth asking them to look again.

• misstracey
    misstracey Community member Posts: 85 Pioneering
    hiya just to inform you i have sent off my  mandatory consideration letter to the dwp recorded the postman has just been and now they have ask me to fill in a questionnaire for capability to work for esa now. now i am very confused please could i get some advise whats happening thanxs
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi misstracey and happy new year

ESA can be reviewed at any time . ESA and PIP are separate benefits and although they seem similar they have different criteria.
    Which ESA group are you currently in ?

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • kevin888
    kevin888 Community member Posts: 52 Courageous
    My ESA is reviewed every year or 2. ESA is based on what you can't do but pip is what you can do. Very confusing at times? I think the 2 are different parts of the DWP, letters are from different parts of country. So treat each one as a seperate DWP department. 
  • misstracey
    ok thank you  very much bit overwhelming at minute but im sure ill get there ill keep everyone posted 
  • misstracey
    im in support group CockneyRebel 
  • CockneyRebel
    Being in the support group is the first requirement to maybe not needing a further assessment if you meet certain other criteria.

There are guidelines for severe conditions that may qualify

https://www.disabilityrightsuk.org/sites/default/files/pdf/Severeconditionsguidance.pdf

For anyone thinking this may apply you will need to have an assessment and will then be notified of this on your decision letter.

CR

• misstracey
    oh ok thanxs alot 
  • misstracey
    edited January 2018
    hiya everybody i had a letter of capita today about the complaint i made about the conduct of woman who done my pip assessment and what she had written and said .they basically have said they do not dispute what i have said but if i can provide evidence they can look into it further how can i prove what she said and wand the things she said i done  my son was present throughout only left the when discussing some of the things whats happened to me my son enclosed a letter stating all of this too so im very confused what to do now .oh and she has  no mental health qualifications only 5 week training on mental health and she is a midwife no qualifications on any of my health issues atall any advise thanxs
  • misstracey
    and also i have not heard anything about my MR yet and its been 2 weeks also i have been put on double the dose of medication now for my anxiety and depression and also yet another inhaler so more medication 
  • misstracey
    Morning everybody well the dreaded brown envelope dropped on the mat this morning yes my MR for pip. 0 points for everything . After joining scope at the start of this journey i had to try to come to terms that if its a no i will not be in such a state as i was last time after the bad report and lies off the pip woman.So i was expecting outright no so looks like as many others on scope off to appeal. Could anyone give me some advise on how to write a appeal letter please thank you and because of scope i am not as bad as last time and keeping positive thank you xx
  • CockneyRebel
    Hi misstracey

First is to submit an SSCS1 form with basic reasons for your appeal
    the DWP will prepare their case and send you a copy
    When you receive it check that it contains all the evidence and then use it to make your own submission

CR
  • misstracey
    thank you  CockneyRebel where do i get a SSCS1 form from
  • CockneyRebel
  • misstracey
    thank you ever so much CockneyRebel xx
  • sleepy1
    sleepy1 Community member Posts: 297 Pioneering
    misstracey

Sorry to hear you did not get a good decision, I know how you must be feeling as I have been to hell and back with these assessments and astonished at some of the blatant lies many of these so called professional's tell.  In my opinion they should be held to account in the courts for the undue stress they cause so many disabled people.  Even having someone with you as a witness seems to count for nothing in the eyes of the DWP.......Law unto themselves.

After much humming and haring what to put in my appeal that I sent off just a few days ago this is what I wrote. (kept it in the little box provided)

1) I received miss-leading information from the independent assessment services and DWP.

2) Unreasonable time was not given to organize help for me to attend the assessment.

3) DWP have ignored all other medical information and based their decision purely on the fact I was unable to attend the assessment for which I had good reason.

4) This was not a new claim for PIP as DWP are implying, it was an award review.

Everyone's appeal will of course be different and I could have added a whole lot more, but as CR says keep it basic.  Just get it done and sent off is the main thing for now you can always add extra information as and when.

Best wishes x Rosie

• kevin888
    kevin888 Community member Posts: 52 Courageous
    HI i filled in the box my medical case in summary form. after you send this , You need to send a copy of the MR which should have come with the MR decision letter. After that the "bundle" arrives this is a copy of all the paperwork 123 pages mine was, The tribunal board also has this "bundle" I f you need to add anything after send it to the HMCT directly ASAP. Then there is the stressful and long wait till hearing. Good luck. PS make sure you send "To be signed for" costs a few £ but worth it.
  • Annabelle26
    Annabelle26 Scope Member Posts: 105 Pioneering
    I have just started down the Tribunal route. The Assessor I saw decided there was nothing wrong with me & I got 0 points & it took her only 20 minutes. I today received an acknowledgement of my application & confirmation that my hearing will be held in the city near where I live.  I also complained to the Assessment Company & am waiting a reply from them.  What annoys me was I was claiming DLA for years but it is being treated as a new PIP claim even though I was asked to apply by the DWP.
  • misstracey
    thanxs everyone for your comments and advice its really help full really do not know what i would of done without it xx
  • misstracey
    thankyou CockneyRebel my son printed off for me and filled all in and sent recorded delivery  then the postman brought a f2f for my esa on the 19th february now i am worried  whats going to happen 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.