Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi, my name is shell66!
I was diagnosed with HNPP IN 2017 , I’m constantly in a lot of pain with my legs, back, wrists, fingers and neck/shoulder , my fingers swell up really bad and I constantly drop things , I feel worn out as soon as I wake up and sometimes it takes a good couple of hours before I can function properly for the day, I’m only in my early fifties but have been like this for eight years gradually getting worse ,I have to push myself to get to work everyday but some days are worse than others . Has anyone got any advice on how to cope with the pain and live rather than exist it would be much Li appreciated. Can you get disability allowance so I would be able to cut my hours down at work as I don’t want to give it up but I seem to cope better in the middle of the day.
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 760 Work and employment
- 577 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.