Hi, my name is suesherry! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is suesherry!

Options
suesherry
suesherry Community member Posts: 7 Listener
Hi had ddd , nerve pain bulgeing diss for 11 months now been on tramadol  now gabapenti and 8×30mg codeine /500mg paracetamol. Had all the nhs physio aloud +trying chiropractic. Walk for a few hours each day to try and stop some pain but still in agony.  Any help please .

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @suesherry

It’s great to meet you this evening!!!

I do hope that we can help/support you in anyway???

Yes I can sympathise with you with your “Pain”

I have had “Chronic Nerve Pain” since 2005 following Radiation Treatment.

Yes all off those meds & more ring a bell to be honest.

Please please let me know if I can help you in anyway???
  • suesherry
    Options
    Hi steve, I don't know what to ask my doc about in asking about different meds or selfhelp .Doc I think has prescription writen before entered the room . I have headphones on most if the time playing music or listening to books to try to detract . Only works for short while.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @suesherry
    Have you seen anyone from a Pain Clinic?

Also you say you find music or books help, have you tried any meditation or relaxation recordings? There are lots of free apps that offer these sort of things.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • suesherry
    Options
    How can a pain clinic help.what can they do . Does it take a long time for an appointment,  do all hospitals offer pain clinics as wondering why my doc hasn't surges ted this. 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @suesherry, if you check out the link Sam provided above, there's some in-depth information on what a pain clinic may be able to offer. Not every hospital or organisation has a pain clinic, but if you're interested then the first step would be to discuss this with your GP, and they may have a better idea of what services are available/right for you. Hope this helps, and do keep us updated! 
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    Options
    Pain clinics offer courses in how to deal with chronic pain and most have a pain nurse to help with medication. The wait is usually a long one 3-9 months.

I take what you take except for the cocodamol. Instead I use much stronger fentanyl patches. Unless your problem has a surgical option or repairs itself you will always be in pain as they cannot remove all the pain and leave you functional.

GP's are notoriously slow and cautious with medication.

I hope you get some relief soon.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.