SPEAKING AT EDINBURGH UNIVERSITY — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

SPEAKING AT EDINBURGH UNIVERSITY

Options
Judomandean
Judomandean Community member Posts: 49 Courageous
edited January 2018 in Coffee lounge
I have recently been asked to speak at Napier College part of Edinburgh Uni on disability issues.  I am CP sufferer who is also a motivational speaker and ex sn judo champion.  What issue would you talk about if it was you speaking ?

Comments

• Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Judomandean for me it would depend on if the students are studying something in particular or if it will be mixed.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    How exciting @Judomandean Congratulations!!

I do quite a bit of public speaking, and I think the best talks are something you are really passionate about.  What would you like to hear if you were going to a talk?

I think I would like to hear about your journey to being a judo champion, that sounds really exciting!! Id like to know  how you got there, what challenges you faced and what were the highlights of your career.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 740 Listener
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.