Is it worth me even applying for PIP with M.E. - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Is it worth me even applying for PIP with M.E.

Options
2»

Comments

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    See if you can get f2f advice on your application from CAB or similar.

It's a good idea to include a 7 day diary with your application.  Disabilty Rights UK site have a draft diary you can adapt.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    This is some great advice and I hope it goes okay for you @sue66. Please do let us know if there is anything else we can do to help :)
    Scope

• sue66
    sue66 Community member Posts: 124 Pioneering
    Options
    Thanks everyone, im beginning to get the picture now, Strange though when hubby went for his PIP assessment now coming up for 3 years ago  he took with him a document from his folder of a consultants  statement  about his diagnoses and his opinion that his not expected to improve at all. the assessor said oh this very useful yet ive read no point in turning up at assessment with any paperwork on the day.?  Is this true ?  

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Some will accept it from you on the day of the assessment, some won't. If you have the evidence to send with the form then this is really when you should send it.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It is better to submit all relevant evidence before your assessment, but if you do obtain something extra take a copy with you
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.