If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

After assessment

Options
mandy46
mandy46 Community member Posts: 30 Connected
edited January 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I rang the Pip people today just to see how much longer it will be till I hear 
It said on the phone while I was waiting to get through that after the home assessment it takes about 3 weeks.
I had my assessment the week of Christmas. They told me today thay I won't hear until the 3rd week if January. Is that about right or is it taking longer?
I'm in so much pain and I'm emotionally up the shoot I dunno what to do.

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Usually PIP decisions take 2-4 weeks allowing for the holiday period that would be about right

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,665 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I was told it could be up to 8 weeks to get a decision.  I hope you hear soon!
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • mandy46
    Options
    Sam 

I got a phone call this afternoon.
  • PjDay
    PjDay Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Options
    The whole PIP process takes 12 weeks. From first call to decision letter. 
  • mandy46
    Options
    PjDay 
    I got my decision today 

• mandy46
    Options
    I am now on the higher rate of pip I do not drive a car but can I get a car on mobility for my husband to drive me around
  • Rosiesmum
    Rosiesmum Community member Posts: 75 Connected
    Options
    That's great news @mandy46 so pleased it worked as it should have for you :) 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.