Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

ESA is taking too long

Hi
I applied for esa on 17th of november. It has been nearly two months and i still havent had a response. Dwp have now said they have escalated the case as a matter of urgency. When will i get a response as this is is my first claim and its taking so long. Also i am claiming hb and council txr. I am currently not in the assessment rate. I waiting for a response as to claim. What should i do as it making me stressed out?

Replies

• tommtomm Member Posts: 231 Pioneering
    edited January 2018
    Have you sent them a fit note? the old esa claims where made by ringing their call centre, they then send out a statement  for you to check they have the correct info, and agree to inform them if something isn't correct,
    They then will process your ESA claim  but won't start paying you until they have received a fit note from your doctor and updated the system,
    But we have been seeing  the recent roll out of UC in many areas  which could be the reason why it's taking so long 

Sign in or join us to comment.