DWP Harassment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DWP Harassment

Options
SMW83
SMW83 Community member Posts: 108 Courageous
I believe I have been subjected to harassment by the DWP (I have discussed why I believe this extensively on this in previous posts so won’t deluge you with the specifics in this one) with me recently being subjected to an investigation into my personal circumstance by the DWP which when escalated to the Counter Fraud and Compliance Directorate the investigation was deemed as having ‘no merit and the claimant (me) having no case to answer’. Owing to this I have submitted a Subject Access Request for all information pertaining to this investigation.

Should I obtain proof that this investigation was conducted without merit (which will in esscence prove my belief I have been unjustifiably targeted by the DWP), what action can I take against the DWP?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,741 Listener
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SMW83
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Victoriad said:
    I would let sleeping dogs lie otherwise I think you would risk drawing even more attention from these agencies as you have proved your innocence anyway and not much point in rattling anyone’s cage.
    Whilst I am somewhat inclined to do so, this matter goes beyond just my individual case. Not only has a family member been subjected to similar behaviours by the DWP, having used this and other disability forums, I am aware that these tactics employed by the DWP are prevalent during many people’s claim to state benefits, many of whom do not have the capacity or ‘fight’ to contend these decisions. Therefore I do not feel able to ‘let sleeping dogs lie’ as this matter is ‘bigger than me’ and if my drawing further attention to myself stops one other disabled person being subjected to similar ‘persecution’, then I believe it to be worth it.

I would also suggest that if raising this matter with them, drew further scrutiny from the DWP then this would offer further evidence of the harassment I believe I am being subjected to. 
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @SMW83

You might want to take advice from The Law Centre?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • SMW83
    edited January 2018
    Options
    @Sam_Scope Thank you for your reply. Owing to my illnesses I am housebound and unable to engage with males, therefore my local Law Centre is extremely restricted in the assistance they can offer me hence me posting here too see what action I can take without any outside assistance.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Im sorry to hear that @SMW83 - we are very limited in the advice we can offer with legal matters I'm afraid.

The Law Centre website says:

If you do not have a local Law Centre where you live, you might still get help with your problem. Here are some sources of information and advice.

Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.