DWP Harassment — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

DWP Harassment

SMW83 Member Posts: 97 Courageous
edited January 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I believe I have been subjected to harassment by the DWP (I have discussed why I believe this extensively on this in previous posts so won’t deluge you with the specifics in this one) with me recently being subjected to an investigation into my personal circumstance by the DWP which when escalated to the Counter Fraud and Compliance Directorate the investigation was deemed as having ‘no merit and the claimant (me) having no case to answer’. Owing to this I have submitted a Subject Access Request for all information pertaining to this investigation.

Should I obtain proof that this investigation was conducted without merit (which will in esscence prove my belief I have been unjustifiably targeted by the DWP), what action can I take against the DWP?


  • mikehughescq
    mikehughescq Posts: 8,847 Connected
    There are a number of options. The direction of travel really depends on what, if anything, you discover. You will need legal advice and given the difficult in getting either legal aid or exceptional case funding it will likely cost unless you can secure pro bono advice. 

    However, the problem you may have is that if the DWP have been given information; acted on good faith; investigated and found nothing untoward then they haven’t actually done anything wrong. 
  • SMW83
    SMW83 Member Posts: 97 Courageous
    @mikehughescq Thank you for your reply. 

    If the DWP have acted in good faith, then of course I won’t take any action. However, as I’ve had been subjected to ‘misconduct’ by the DWP for the last two years, some of which they have admitted to, therefore I am ‘getting my ducks in a row’ should I find that this investigation has been initiated without merit as the CFCD has indicated.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.