Appeal failed — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Appeal failed

Options
DC22
DC22 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I would be really grateful for any advice. Just found out my appeal has failed.  I have been told that I can apply for Incapacity benefit but the reason for my ill health has to be totally different from the original diagnosis. Is this correct?

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello DC22 and welcome

Was your appeal for ESA or PIP ?

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi DC22,

If you are not happy with the tribunal's decision you can ask for a statement of reasons and a record of proceedings to see if you can find an error of law. This is very difficult to do unless you are a trained adviser so you may need some help locally if you decided to do this.
    As your appeal has failed you cannot claim ESA again unless you have a new health problem, or unless your existing health problem has deteriorated, which must be backed up by a GP's note or letter. 

Lee
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.