Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi, my name is countrygirl89!
Hi! I'm new here, I've been lookin online for places where I could talk to other parents who maybe goin through similar stuff with their children and I found this website. Brief bio of me, I'm a stay at home mom and wife. Me and my husband have a beautiful 5 year old daughter who was born with optic nerve hypoplasia, she is mostly blind and has alot of other health issues that has come along with it. I started this journey with her not knowin anythang like this excisted and now 5 years in I've learned so much and everyday it seems I learn somethin new with her. It's hard findin others to talk to, ask opinions or just vent to cause everyone I know dont understand this stuff and dont know how to relate. So anyway if anyone would like to talk I can listen and maybe I might be able to offer some advice or vice versa ☺
- 55.2K All Categories
- 10.8K Start here and say hello!
- 5.3K Coffee lounge
- 4.1K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.6K Research and opportunities
- 160 Community updates
- 12.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 837 Work and employment
- 600 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1.1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 302 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 268 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 22.3K Talk about money
- 2.3K Benefits and financial support
- 4.5K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.8K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.7K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.4K Cerebral palsy
- 704 Chronic pain and pain management
- 718 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 773 Autism and neurodiversity
- 952 Mental health and wellbeing
- 314 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.