Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Mandatory reconsideration for esa
Hi, I've been on the support group ESA for just over a year. I then got an appointment to go for an assessment. I went for this only to be told that the appointment was cancelled as I had to see a doctor who knew about mental health. As well as being in the support group I also received severe disablement allowance and pip. I went to the second appointment and all the way through it i was very anxious and distressed and felt that the doctor showed no empathy whatsoever. This was in November and then on the 12th of this month I got a phone call to say I was fit for work and no longer eligible for the benefits I have been claiming and now have to claim jobseekers. IME devastated to say the least. I have since asked for the doctors report and find that they have lied about quite a few things. What can I do about this?
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 575 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 674 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.