Universal Credit
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Migration to Universal Credit

yomart56yomart56 Member Posts: 2 Listener
edited January 2018 in Universal Credit
When someone moves to u.c will they have to attend interviews with approach as this is not the case on esa


  • yomart56yomart56 Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Work coach I mean
  • Pippa_AlumniPippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,851 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @yomart56, and welcome to the community! This information is from the gov.uk page on UC:
    If you have a disability or illness that affects your work
    You may need a Work Capability Assessment to see how your disability or health condition affects your ability to work.
    Depending on the outcome of your assessment you may be eligible for an extra amount on top of your standard allowance.
    Your responsibilities
    You’ll make an agreement called a ‘Claimant Commitment’ with your work coach.
    What you need to do depends on your situation. You might need to do activities such as:
    • write a CV
    • look and apply for jobs
    • go on training courses
    You’ll also need to do things like:
    • pay your own rent and other housing costs
    If you’re claiming with your partner, you’ll each have a Claimant Commitment and set of responsibilities.
Sign in or join us to comment.